Welcome to the Kings Park West Civic Association
Community Concerns Regarding Twinbrook Shopping Center
The KPWCA Board of Directors has heard a number of concerns from our community about the Twinbrook Shopping Center. With the report of a robbery in the Safeway side parking lot (nearest Twinbrook Road) on October 25, we gathered all our concerns into one letter signed by the KPWCA president, and sent the letter to the owners of the shopping center on 9 November 2015. Key Safeway officials, the Braddock District Supervisor (Mr. Cook), as well as the property manager for the shopping center, were copied on the letter. View the letter
Kings Park West Civic Association, Incorporated, is a non-profit, non-sectarian association, organized for the purpose of promoting a neighborly spirit among the residents of the Kings Park West subdivision, Fairfax County, Virginia; to encourage an active interest in the civic life of the community; and through unified effort to make this community a better place in which to live.
Membership is voluntary and open to all adult residents and/or property owners in Kings Park West subdivision, sections 1 through 22, and 25, to Waverlee Woods residents and to residents on Vertain Court.
Membership Information and Instructions
|KPWCA Membership Form and Paypal Instructions|
The Kings Park West Civic Association, Inc. supports the following services:
- The Herald, your KPWCA newsletter, published eight times a year
- Scholarships of $1,000 for up to 3 children of KPWCA members
- Sponsorship of Scouting groups
- Neighbor Assist to help neighbors in need of various services.
- Community social events – Halloween Festival & Easter Egg Hunt
- Support to Volunteer Fire Departments through collection of donations
- Grounds maintenance and improvements around entrances, parks and lake
- Support of local schools, such as donations for playground equipment and High School
- All-night-drug-and-alcohol-free grad parties
- Neighborhood Watch program to reduce crime and graffiti
- Welcome program for new residents
- Consumer Affairs list of comments about contractors who provided work in our community
- Dumpster Day for disposal of furniture, appliances, etc. not picked up by weekly garbage services
- Zoning Committee to keep KPW attractive and appealing
- Community Directory